Carophyll® Pink’s main ingredient is astaxanthin 10%, a red pigment belonging to the carotenoid chemical group. Astaxanthin naturally occurs in certain types of algae, giving a pink or red color to salmon, shrimp, and other seafood.
Carotenoids hold significant significance in animal nutrition as they function as essential antioxidants and serve as precursors for vitamin A. Particularly in poultry farming and aquaculture, their primary contribution lies in enhancing the visual appeal of food products such as egg yolks, chicken skin, and fish flesh. As carotenoid levels differ across plant sources, it becomes imperative to supplement poultry and fish diets to ensure consistency in the appearance of food products.
- It provides a pigment color for shrimp, crab, and salmon (especially after cooking).
- It supplements vitamin A1 and A2.
- It increases egg production and quality.
- It improves immunity and promotes growth.
- It enhances stress tolerance and disease resistance.
- It has antioxidant and detoxifying effects.
Dosage and Usage:
Mix directly into livestock feed with the following dosages:
– Shrimp farming: 400g/ton of feed
– Salmon farming: 1kg/ton of feed
Note: Feed for at least 15 days, ideally 30 days before harvesting.